FAST, ABSTINENCE AND HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION
1. FAST & ABSTINENCE are prescribed for Ash Wednesday AND Good Friday, limited to those who have completed the 18th year, to 60 years.
2. ABSTINENCE is prescribed as a general rule for every Friday, applicable to those completed the 14th year. However, for the particular circumstances of the Vicariate of Arabia, abstinence is to be observed on Wednesday throughout the year
3. EUCHARISTIC FAST: The faithful must abstain from solid food and liquids for one hour before receiving Holy Communion. This regulation is applied to Masses celebrated in the morning, afternoon, or at midnight. Water does not break the fast. Those who are sick, even though not confined to bed, may take any liquid or food as medicines at any time before Holy Communion without asking permission.
4. EASTER OBLIGATION may be fulfilled any time between the first Sunday in Lent and Trinity Sunday.
5. HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION: Sundays or Fridays (where it has been decided) and Christmas.
6. FEAST DAYS TRANSFERRED TO THE FOLLOWING OR PRECEDING SUNDAY: Epiphany (January 6th); Corpus Christi; Ascension; SS Peter & Paul (June 29th); Assumption of our Lady(August 15)
7. SPECIAL CELEBRATION DAYS: Mother of God (January 1st); Our Lady of Arabia (Saturday after the feast of the baptism of Our Lord); St. Joseph (March 19th); All Saints (November 1st); Immaculate Conception (December 8th).
COLLECTIONS TO BE MADE IN ALL CHURCHES OF THE VICARIATE
1. Christmas Day & Easter Day for our mission
2. Good Friday for the Holy land
3. SS Peter & Paul for Peter’s pence
4. Mission Sunday for the Propagation of the Faith
5. First week of every month for the Vicariate